Our School's COVID Plan
Back to School
Welcome to P23Q COVID-19 Response Page
Welcome to our COVID-19 response page.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly. We will update the information here as conditions change.
Each agency/hospital site has its own protocols with regard to COVID-19. Please contact your child's site coordinator for individual updated site protocols.
Options For Learning
P23 Q All Sites
School Day Times
- The school day will run from 8:10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m for all students. Students may be dropped off no earlier than 8:10 a.m. and if they are not taking the bus your child must be picked up by 2:00 p.m.
If you have any questions about the COVID - 19 plan or any other issues, please contact:
Dr. Jude Arthur, Principal @ JArthur2@schools.nyc.gov
Kathleen Kilduff: KKilduff4@schools.nyc.gov
Jude Duffy, I.A. : JDuffy8@schools.nyc.gov
Nerona Lilly Warner I.A.: NLillyWarner@schools.nyc.gov
NYCCC (Upper School and Fox) - Don LaMere: DLamere2@schools.nyc.gov
Lifeline Center - Candice Naftal: CNafatal@schools.nyc.gov
Lifeline Center - Mike McClain: MMclai@schools.nyc.gov
St. Mary's Hospital - Veronica Sudol: Vsudol@schools.nyc.gov
Typical School Day at P 23 Q
During the day students will remain in their classroom withe exception of Physical Education to limit the amount of movement throughout the building.
It is suggested that students bring their devices to school (especially in grades 6-12).
When students are in school they will follow the schedule below. When students are home on remote learning they are are expected to follow the same guidelines for remote learning provided by the NYC DOE. (See How Remote Learning Works box).
Period 0: 8:00 a.m. – 8:10 a.m. Arrival/ Instructional Breakfast
Period 1: 8:10 a.m. – 8:55 a.m. Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 2: 8:55 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 3: 9:40 a.m. - 10:25 a.m. LUNCH or Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 4: 10:25 a.m. - 11:10 p.m. Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 5: 11:10 p.m. - 12:00 p.m. Lunch or Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 6 12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. Lunch or Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 7: 12:50 p.m. - 1:35 p.m. Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Period 8: 1:35 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. Instructional Block (ELA, Math, SS, Science, Gym or Art)
Remote Learning Expectations
If schools are closed for snow days, classes will continue remotely unless otherwise notified. Teachers will post work to their google classrooms and students are expected to work ansynchronously.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers. You can find a link to your teacher's Google Class in your child's email which is accessed through gmail.
- How to access your child's email: instructions can be found at this link https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/doe-student-accounts
- Students will use a DOE-approved online platform Google Classroom for lessons and submission of work.
- Students will be able to access video-recorded lessons, assignments, and tasks.